In the of Levico, degrading gently towards the plateau of Seven Towns, overlooking the Valsugana the endless plateau of vezzena, the largest in Trentino, a green expanse of meadows and pastures, bordered by thick forests and dotted with typical mountain huts, ancient buildings for the shelter of cattle pasture, also used for the dairy business. And 'here, in fact, born of the delicious cheese "vezzena", one of the oldest cheeses in the cheese-making tradition and sought after thirty
Werk Gschwent Lavarone, today better known as Forte Belvedere is composed of several blocks carved into the mountain: the main pillbox - which housed bays, warehouses, logistics services - the battery pack in the forward position, a work counterscarp of the ditch three outposts armored. Designed, like other fortresses of the Highlands, to stand in absolute autonomy in bombings that could last for days, had large deposits of a water purification plant equipped with an internal power plant, an emergency room for any injuries, a telephone exchange and a room of optical telegraphy in order to communicate with the outside.
Forte del Pizzo, located on the summit of Pizzo di Levico or vezzena Cima, on the edge of a precipice, was built from 1907 to 1915 armed with light artillery and machine guns for its defense. It was connected by telephone with Monterovere, home of the Military Command. Since the early days of the war was subject to fierce shelling and impressive.